Pepper Joe's Hot Island Sauce
Looking for a delicious alternative to a store-bought hot sauce? Pepper Joe's Island hot sauce gives your meal added freshness, heat, and an unmatched blissful taste.
If you're looking for ideas to add this hot sauce to, this would be delicious on cheesesteaks, hamburgers, pizza, or added to soups, chili, tomato sauce.
- 12 whole habanero peppers
- 2 whole carrots
- 1 large yellow onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp white pepper
- 1 whole lime
- 8 tbsp white vinegar
- Cut habanero peppers in half and remove seeds.
- Drop in boiling water for 30 seconds to "blanche". (handle with care)
- Remove peppers and put onion, carrots and garlic cloves into boiling water and cook until tender.
- Juice the lime and combine all ingredients and put in blender. First chop, then blend at high speed.
- Just put in wide-mouth jar and store in fridge. Spoon out this hot sauce as needed.