Baked Chilis and Cheese Popover Hors d'Oeuvres
Hi gang! This is a *very* simple recipe which will astound your guests and delight your pallet!
- Two Pillsbury Cresent Roll Tubes (refrigerated section)
- One stick of Butter
Chili peppers (you pick the heat level, and the state of the chili. They can be whole, (my fave) halved, roasted, diced, or even powdered!)
- Block of cheese (I prefer pepper jack, or cheddar - it's gonna melt!)
- Unroll the Pillsbury dough and cut each pre-perfed triangle into three sections, still triangles.
- Place a chile, or some chiles, etc, and a chunk of cheese in the center of a triangle.
- Roll it up, and fold-over the side pieces, pinching them closed.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet according to the directions on the package.
- The last two minutes or so, brush some melted butter on the tops to make them golden brown.
- Let 'em cool to the touch, and serve just warm. Let the chilis bring the heat!
ENJOY! These things take less than ten minutes, and they ROCK!