Hot Charley's Mexican Style Meat
- 4 pounds chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups diced green chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup Pepper Joe's Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Water as needed
- Trim the roast of any excess fat and season with the salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, then sear the meat on all sides.
- Transfer the roast to a slow cooker. Add the onion, chile peppers, chili powder, cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce and garlic powder. Add enough water to cover 1/3 of the roast.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high setting for 6 hours, checking to make sure there is always at least a small amount of liquid in the bottom.
- Reduce heat to low setting for 2 to 4 hours, or until meat is totally tender and falls apart. Reserve any remaining liquid for a sauce and thicken, if desired.