Here is my recipe for Strawberry-Jalapeno jam. Strawberry Jalapeño jam can be used on cream cheese and served with crackers. As well as a marinade for chicken. You can even use it as an out of the ordinary ice cream topping!
This will make approximately 4 pints of sauce.
Thank you K. Hagler from North Dakota for sharing!
- 3 1/2 cups strawberries (crushed). They can be fresh or frozen!
- 9 whole Jalapeño peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 box fruit pectin
- 1/2 tsp margarine or butter (to reduce foaming)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (Fresh or bottled)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup honey
- In a 6 quart saucepan, stir fruit pectin into crushed strawberries and Jalapeños. Add lemon juice and margarine/butter. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and honey quickly to fruit mixture. Return to a full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim off any foam. Immediately fill clean 8 oz. jars to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads in necessary.
- Cover quickly with flat lids and screw bands on tightly. Invert jars for 5 minutes, then turn upright.
- Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours. Unopened sauce may be stored in a cool, dark place for up to 1 year.
This recipe makes approximately 4 pints of sauce.