- 6 medium Onions
- 1 jar (12 oz) Sweet Pepper Rings (with juice)
- 2 Mulato Chili Peppers
- 1 Caribbean Red pepper
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 TB Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 TB Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
- Coarse chop Onion and Sweet Pepper Rings, then fine chop all peppers.
- Combine all ingredients in large sauce pan and bring to a full boil. Boil 5 minutes, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Ladle into sterile canning jars and seal.
Great on grilled burgers or meatloaf. Also makes an excellent starting point for Salsa.
An original recipe by Panhead