Fire and Ice Chili
Chilis & Soups
An excellent Chili recipe, and it consists of no beans! The pineapple chunks take away most of the burn while adding a very unique flavor.
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks (in syrup)
- 28 oz can tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 4 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp diced Jalapeños
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tsp salt
- 2 medium yellow onions (diced)
- 2 lb boneless pork butt (cut to 1" cubes)
- 1 green pepper, seeded & cubed
- Drain pineapple & tomatoes. Reserve pineapple.
- Chop tomatoes. Combine pineapple syrup & tomato juice with all ingredients except pork, 1 clove garlic, 1 onion, & green pepper.
- Brown pork in olive oil. Add garlic, onion, & green pepper.
- Cook until onion is soft, then add to other ingredients in large pan.
- Cover & simmer 3 hours. Add pineapple chunks & simmer another 1/2 hour.
- Serve with sliced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, & sour cream.
Try adding about 2 Tbsp. Liquid Smoke just before serving.