Crabby Frank's Crab and Artichoke Soup
Prep time using canned crab is only 25 minutes
- 2 TB finely minced green onions
- 1.5 TB Fine chop Anaheim or Green/Red Bell Pepper
- 1 small fresh or dried tabasco or equal, left whole
- 3 Cloves fresh garlic
- 2 TB butter
- 1 TB flour
- 1 Tsp seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp tarragon, dill, marjoram
- 1/8 tsp celery seed
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1.5 TB lemon juice
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 Can lump or shred white crab meat
- 6 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- Sauté 2 TB finely minced green onions,mild peppers 3 cloves fresh garlic in 2 TB of butter.
- Stir in 1 TB flour, seasoned with 1/8 tsp.white pepper, 1 tsp. seasoned salt, 1 tsp each, finely minced (dry is fine) tarragon, dill, and marjoram, 1/8 tsp. of celery seed.
- Cook until smooth and bubbly (you've just made a roux).
- Remove from heat and gradually add 1 cup of chicken broth, 1TB fresh lemon juice and 2 cups of milk while stirring. Reheat.
- Simmer for about one minute with the whole tabasco pepper (if you like extra spicy).
- Stir in 1 can of lump or shredded white crabmeat. Add a 6 oz jar of marinated, chunky chopped artichoke hearts, with marinade. Heat to serving temperature but do not boil.
- Remove whole pepper and serve with pinch of cayenne pepper and green onion tops cut on soup. Bon appetit!
Submitted by Bob Hollenbeck