Roasted Red Jalapeño Pepper Hot Sauce
Rated 3.6 stars by 13 users
This homemade hot sauce recipe is made with roasted red jalapeno peppers, garlic, tomato, and red wine vinegar. If you desire a thick, zesty sauce, this pepper sauce is the one for you! So yummy!
Tastes great on just about everything! But our favorites are...
Using as a sauce for chicken wings, with any Mexican dish, burgers, and fries... to be honest, we haven't yet had a combination that didn't work. This sauce is very versatile!AuthorPepper Joe's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice jalapeño peppers in half. Set them onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover the peppers with foil to allow the peppers to steam. Then peel the skins and discard them.
- Put the peppers into a food processor.
- Heat a small pan to medium heat and add chopped onion and garlic. Then add olive oil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for a few minutes. Then, throw Into the food processor!
- Process the sauce until it is smooth throughout. Enjoy!
Spice up your inbox
Sign up for hot deals, growing tips, and more!