Roasted Red Jalapeño Pepper Hot Sauce
This homemade hot sauce recipe is made with roasted red jalapeno peppers, garlic, tomato, and red wine vinegar. If you desire a thick, zesty sauce, this pepper sauce is the one for you! So yummy!
Tastes great on just about everything! But our favorites are...
Using as a sauce for chicken wings, with any Mexican dish, burgers, and fries... to be honest, we haven't yet had a combination that didn't work. This sauce is very versatile!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice jalapeño peppers in half. Set them onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover the peppers with foil to allow the peppers to steam. Then peel the skins and discard them.
- Put the peppers into a food processor.
- Heat a small pan to medium heat and add chopped onion and garlic. Then add olive oil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for a few minutes. Then, throw Into the food processor!
- Process the sauce until it is smooth throughout. Enjoy!