Fire and Ice Chili
Kenny Rogers' Fire & Ice Chili
- 1 - 20 oz can pineapple chunks (in syrup)
- 1 - 28 oz can tomatoes
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 - 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 TB diced jalapenos
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 medium yellow onions (diced)
- 2 lb boneless pork butt (1" cubes)
- 1 green pepper, seeded & cubed
- Drain pineapple & tomatoes. Reserve pineapple.
- Chop tomatoes. Combine pineapple syrup & tomato juice with all ingredients except pork, 1 clove garlic, 1 onion, & green pepper.
- Brown pork in olive oil. Add garlic, onion, & green pepper.
- Cook until onion is soft, then add to other ingredients in large pan.
- Cover & simmer 3 hours. Add pineapple chunks & simmer another 1/2 hour.
- Serve with sliced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, & sour cream.
An excellent REAL (no beans!) Chili recipe. The pineapple chunks take away most of the burn while adding a very unique flavor.
Note: I like to add about 2 TB Liquid Smoke just before serving.